Saturday, March 19, 2011

The nursery

I'm going to do two posts, but this one is going to be centered around our (beautiful) nursery. I think it is just about finished. The only thing left is to hang his name on the wall above his crib and to hang some hand-painted pictures in the room, but I will probably do that this weekend or very soon (since we are quickly running out of time).

So, here it is. I am so pleased with it. I just love the way it turned out.

This is the view from the door. You can see the rocker and the antique hutch. The rocker originally belonged to Jeremiah's great-grandfather and the hutch came from Jeremiah's Aunt Beverly who is an antique dealer. You can also see the toy box which was made by my dad many years ago.

This is the other side of the room. You can see the crib, which is a Bonavita. You can see the medicine cabinet that came from an old pharmacy and the church pew. The blanket hanging on the back was hand knitted by Jeremiah's step grandmother.

A better view of the hutch and church pew. Can you tell we (well, I) really like elephants?

This is the view going out the door. More elies! The sign over the door says "hello little one."

The wall over the crib. We decided to put our maternity pictures over the crib. I wanted to do something a little unusual and thought that having some pics of us during this special time would be great. The mirror is an antique that Jeremiah refurbished for me.

The crib! The bedding is JJ Cole and we got it for $30. It was our first craigslist find and I have to say that I am in love with this. Also, here's a fun story for later. Jeremiah called the lady about the bedding and discovered that the lady selling it was the original owner of our house. Small world, huh?!

So, what do you think? Like I said, I love it. I am getting so excited to have Jerry here to enjoy it also.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Very cool story about the bedding! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete