Monday, April 4, 2011

"No progress"

Yep, no progress. Dr. D said I am still where I was last week (1 centimeter and thick) and that just makes me mad! I was so hoping things were moving along.

Here's the thing - I'm not tired of being pregnant, I'm tired of being exhausted with no real reason. I have loved pregnancy up until about 2 weeks ago. My feet stay swollen 24/7. My body throbs with pains. I can't sleep more than 2 hour stretches because of needing to pee and all the body pains. I have the sinus crud with no real way to cure it. I don't feel like I can do it anymore. My will-power is gone. My strength is gone. My stamina is gone. I just want to have Jerry and be a mommy. That's all I want.

So, the plan (what little plan there is), I go back next Monday (39 weeks 3 days) and get checked again. If there is significant progress, we will talk induction. If there isn't, then we continue to wait it out.

Tell me folks, what will make Jerry come a little quicker. I know sex, I know walking and cleaning, I know all the acupressure points. What worked for you or someone you know?

2 comments:

  1. well i tried almost all of the old wives tells and i am stuck on spicy food. I had alot of it the day before landon was born went in the next morning in labor! Not sure if it worked or the fact that he was three days late and heard talk of the induction but hey. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linsie, with all my heart I sympathize. I was overdue with Jakey (well actually with all my kids except Lucy who was only 1 day before her due date), and the Sunday before I had him, I refused to go to church just to have everyone say "Your still here!?" I really wanted to go into labor on my own since I've had a pain-med free induced labor and it was no picnic. Nothing works. I've tried everything on this planet to get my body started. In the end it does happen on it's own. Always when you've started thinking that it's NEVER going to happen it happens. All that lack of sleep is supposedly mother nature getting you ready for the real thing. It's like a test run for when you actually have the baby. I'm praying for you! I'm praying you'll have him....right...NOW! ;-)

    ReplyDelete